Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Word 2010: While performing a spell check,  initiated with F7, there are times, where NVDA will not read context and speak/read spelling mistake #1938

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 20, 2011 · 7 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by kevinchao89 on 2011-11-20 07:17
Word 2010
winwordTextInproc-4800

Within Docs;
have a lengthy document with a variety of spelling mistakes, some with or without suggestions;
F7 for spell check;
Ignore or accept correction.

Expected: NVDA to always read context, spell mistake, and read suggestion/spell
Actual: Sometimes NVDA will be absolutely silent.

Regression: No

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by manish on 2013-08-29 03:26
The spell checker (_WwN) window raises an IAccessible object_focus event (as seen in AccEvent.exe) every time the context changes (e.g. when the user presses alt+i or alt+c and the next spelling error is displayed).
However, NVDA seems to ignore this IAccessible event -- I guess because the same window was in focus before this IAccessible object_focus event was raised.
Is there some way I can have NVDA not ignore the focus events even if those are for the currently focussed window?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-08-29 03:34
Ug. That's an ugly implementation. You can try overriding isDuplicateIAccessibleEvent.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by manish on 2013-08-30 07:12
Overriding the IsDuplicateIAccessibleEvent and returning false fixed the problem. I tested this with office 2010 and 2007 and it works in both.
The fix is available at:
https://manish_agrawal@bitbucket.org/manish_agrawal/nvda.git
branch: t1938

The results in a document with lots of bolded text are much better with the fix for #3431 also included.

Regards,
Manish

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by manish (in reply to comment 3) on 2013-10-18 13:44
Replying to manish:
Have created a new branch that is created from master instead of next as was the case for the branch I submitted earlier.
The new branch is in_t1938
available at:

Overriding the IsDuplicateIAccessibleEvent and returning false fixed the problem. I tested this with office 2010 and 2007 and it works in both.

The fix is available at:

branch: t1938

The results in a document with lots of bolded text are much better with the fix for #3431 also included.

Regards,

Manish

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-12-03 08:11
In [a3808fd]:

Merge branch 't1938' into next. Incubates #1938

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-12-18 03:35
In [9e203d0]:

Merge branch 't1938'. Fixes #1938

Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by mdcurran on 2014-12-18 03:36
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2015.1

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants