Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA seems to ignore appmodule for klango #2040

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 11, 2012 · 6 comments
Closed

NVDA seems to ignore appmodule for klango #2040

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 11, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Bernd on 2012-01-11 22:18
The appmodule for klango should thread klango as a self-voicing application. This works correctly if you are using the menu and so on. But if you type text nvda reads the letters as you type, too.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-01-11 22:25
I don't have Klango, but I tried this with another application and I don't hear typed characters after I switch to that application. (Of course, I enabled speak typed characters first.) Is it possible Klango has two applications? Do NVDA commands (e.g. NVDA+f12) work when you can hear typed characters?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Bernd on 2012-01-12 14:51
I tested a bit and found the following: If I start Klango, NVDA is correctly in sleep mode but if I alt+tab to an other application or minimice all apps and switch back to klango NVDA isn't aktivating the sleep mode. If I press NVDA+f1 out of klango, I get the following log:

Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'Desktop'
role: ROLE_WINDOW
states:
Python object: <NVDAObjects.window.Desktop object at 0x0201FDB0>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.window.Desktop'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: ''
value: ''
appModule: None
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 65556
windowClassName: u'#32769'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: -1778384896
windowThreadID: 624
windowText: u''

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-01-12 23:48
To clarify, did you press NVDA+f1 while in Klango (after switching back to it)? Do you see any other errors in the log?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Bernd on 2012-01-14 15:14
In my previous case I did. Today I opened Klango, minimiced it, activated log viewer and found the attached log. NVDA seems to freece while I am in Klango.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by Bernd on 2012-01-14 15:15
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by bdorer on 2014-08-26 19:04
As Klango isn't developed further I'll close tis ticket as invalid. Furthermore this appmodule could be removed. I'll create a new ticket regarding that.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant