Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA cannot read Greek documents with left and right arrow written in the jarte text editor #2053

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 19, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by nikosdemetriou on 2012-01-19 20:26
NVDA seams unable to read Greek documents using the left and right arrows with in the jarte text editor. It reads fine with up and down arrows or by word using control left and right arrows. Also when pressing nvda+up twice NVDA reads the letters ok so the problem is only with the left and right arrows on their own. When pressing left and right instead of hearing the letters NVDA reads different symbols such as micro, etc. I asked my sighted friends and they said that Greek looks ok on the screen so it doesn't seam to be something wrong with jarte itself but i might be wrong.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-01-19 23:04
What synthesiser are you using? Do you have its language set to English or Greek?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by nikosdemetriou on 2012-01-20 07:36
Hi. I am using the espeak synthesizer coming with nvda. I have got the Greek voice cellected. I have got all automatic language dettection turned off.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

While we may require the reported issue to be tested with a sample Greek PDF document in the latest version of Acrobat Reader, we probably cannot contact nikosdemetriou anymore. Thoughts? @ehollig @jcsteh

@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Sep 5, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@nikosdemetriou are you still having this problem in NVDA 2019.1.1?

@nikosdemetriou
Copy link

Hi.
Thanks for contacting me.
I downloaded the latest version of jarte and it seams to work fine now.
I don't know when this issue was fixed exactly, because I contacted the jarte developer and he said that unicode languages were not supported in jarte and that he didn't have any plans of supporting them.
After his response I forgot about jarte and I didn't use it since then.
But I am glad to see it working.
Nikos

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Thanks, that sounds good. Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants