Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Treat KurzWeil 1000 as a self-voicing application #2054

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 20, 2012 · 5 comments
Closed

Treat KurzWeil 1000 as a self-voicing application #2054

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 20, 2012 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by drein on 2012-01-20 09:57
Hello,
Kurzweill1000 is a software that is self-voicing.
It is really powerful and is used in Italy by many users.
I have modified the openbook module in order to put NVDA in sleep mode, also if I have a problem: I'd like to disable the voice, but keep the braille alive...
Is it possible?
For now, when running KurzWeil 1000, NVDA go to sleep mode, but if you know a manner to allow user to use the braille, please modify the attached file.
the executable name is:
"Kurzweil 1000.exe"

Blocking #4713

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment kurzweil 1000.py added by drein on 2012-01-20 09:57
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-05-29 05:01
NVDA needs to be awake in order for braille to work. If you want to disable speech but not braille, you can automatically set speech mode to silence when the app gains focus and set it back to talk when the app loses focus. However, NVDA commands will still be intercepted. Is this what you want?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-05-29 05:01
Btw, I assume K1000 does not natively support braille displays?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Since the original author of this ticket cannot be contacted and he unfortunately did not respond to @jcsteh's #2054 (comment), the scope of this ticket remains unclear. Time to close? @ehollig

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 15, 2017

Closing due to lack of feedback/interest. If there is active interest or someone willing to pursue this, please provide feedback on the outstanding questions here and we can reconsider.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants