Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

MS Outlook 2007: unable to use spell checker #2070

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 30, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

MS Outlook 2007: unable to use spell checker #2070

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 30, 2012 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by CBartlett on 2012-01-30 18:40
When editing an email in Outlook 2007 and attempting to spell-check, the spell check dialogue comes up if there are errors, but I have no access to the word flagged. I hear grammatical error for every misspelled word. I can tab to the suggestions box and down-arrow through the list normally, but in no case can I see the original word, or the sentence/line the word is found in. Other controls work, but I am left having to guess what word is being flagged based on the suggestions list.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by CBartlett on 2012-01-30 20:52
I see this has been classified as minor, fine but it is one of the lacks that keeps me from moving to NVDA full time. For business/professional emails, I need the capability to spell-check, in addition to other proofing I already do manually.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by nvdakor on 2014-05-10 23:05
Hi,
Coming back to this ticket...
I'm using Office 2010 and spell checker works as expected. Try using NVDA 2014.1 and see if it fixes this problem. Thanks.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

This ticket looks abandoned. Outlook 2007 is also very old anyway. We can discuss reopening if this is still reproducible.

This is also related to #3410, although that's for a newer office version, and Word specific.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants