Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

missing links on website #2088

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 7, 2012 · 7 comments
Closed

missing links on website #2088

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 7, 2012 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dwillemv on 2012-02-07 05:24
On www.cs.sun.ac.za/rw778 links under some headings don't appear on the page nvda renders.

the headings
Curriculum
Year project
Students
all have a few links under them that show up in the page source.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-02-07 05:44
You have to click these headings to make the links appear. This is intentional and is done with !JavaScript.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by dwillemv (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-02-07 14:28
Replying to jteh:

You have to click these headings to make the links appear. This is intentional and is done with !JavaScript.

Only the first link under the heading can be accessed in this way. The heading is also not announced as clickable

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2012-02-07 16:27
And I cannot make them work at all in IE8, but in Firefox 3.6 I can get all four to be there.
I'm not quite sure what they have done here, and I agree, there seems to be no way to actually know the headings level 2 in this case, are actually active elements.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2012-02-07 19:12
My mistake. These are activated by moving your mouse over them, not clicking them. You can do this by routing the mouse to them.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by dwillemv on 2012-02-07 22:21
Would you consider making these clickable headings accessible in future?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2012-02-07 22:30
As I noted in comment:4, they're mouse over headings, not clickable. They're already accessible; just route the mouse to them.

As for reporting this fact, neither Firefox or Chrome provide this information to accessibility APIs. Furthermore, a sighted user doesn't actually know this fact either until they move the mouse over them. If there is some sort of image that indicates this, this image should be made accessible by the site author.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by briang1 on 2012-02-08 11:01
Yes agreed, but even routing the mouse in IE seemed to do nothing for me. When I do it on FF the list as it should. However obviously the site author does not understand that we do not by default move a mouse over these headings, thus they need to provide some access information to flag up that mouse routing is required as its a bit of a guessing game otherwise.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants