Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

an app module for instant bird #2105

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 14, 2012 · 6 comments
Closed

an app module for instant bird #2105

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 14, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by fatma.mehanna on 2012-02-14 11:53
hi,
it will be gratefull if an app module has been written to help nvda users to deal with instant bird.
we need shortcuts to read the current message and the previous messages like miranda. i think it is more accessible than miranda. it will be also nicer if you enable the announcement of the incoming message. we can't read it till we arrow to it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by pvagner on 2012-02-14 18:09
Just a little note: I think while instantbird builds on the mozilla toolkit and uses gecko to render incoming chat messages it would be best to add aria live regions support into it and no modification is required at NVDA's side.
This has already been requested and filled in the instant bird bug tracker.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-08-09 07:34
Automatic reading of messages is covered by #1747, which appears to be implemented in instantbird 1.2.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@fatma.mehanna, @pvagner is this still an issue in last version of instantbird?

@ABuffEr
Copy link
Contributor

ABuffEr commented Dec 11, 2018

Hi,
I remember that @nvdaes has developed an add-on here, that reads 1-10 messages...
However, Instantbird 1.5 was released in 2013, and now project seems abandoned...

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Dec 11, 2018 via email

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Last news article dates from almost 3 years ago and indeed, the last version dates from much longer ago. I'm closing this for now, as I don't see any reason to add an app module for abandoned software. Having said that, if someone ever wants to extend the current appModule, feel free to file a pull request.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants