Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Status bar text cannot be reviewed with review commands in Firefox #2108

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 15, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Palacee_hun on 2012-02-15 00:08
To reproduce:

1. Load any webpage into Firefox and move to any link in browse mode.
  2. Press NVDA+End and NVDA will read the status bar correctly which contains the URL of that link. Furthermore it moves the nav. object to the status bar which can be demonstrated by pressing NVDA+Numpad 5. That will report the URL followed by the words "status bar".
  3. Now try to review that URL with any text review command. None of them will work, you'll only hear "blank".
    [discovered this behaviour with FF 10.0.1, but if I am not mistaken, I already experienced this with FF 8. I don't remember how FF 3.6.x behaved. NVDA 2012.1 beta1 does the same.
    [[BR]([BR]]
    I)]
    Here is what I get when hitting NVDA+F1 after routing the nav. object to the status bar:
    [info for navigator object:
name: u'https://mail.google.com/mail/h/cm7osfoyts3g/?&v=c&th=1357cf6bd50d3412'
role: ROLE_STATUSBAR
states: 
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.mozilla.Mozilla object at 0x03BB1990>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.mozilla.Mozilla'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: u''
value: None
appModule: <'firefox' (appName u'firefox', process ID 3492) at address 3b84af0>
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IA2TextTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 1573268L
windowClassName: u'MozillaWindowClass'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 399441920
windowThreadID: 1912
windowText: u'Gmail - Inbox - Mozilla Firefox'
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible2) ptr=0x1a2234 at 3b9dcb0>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=1573268L, objectID=-4, childID=-147421856
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_STATUSBAR
IAccessible accState:  (0)

[[BR]([BR]]
Developer)]
I see multiple peculiarities in this. I suspect the problem here is that the status bar text is only present as the name property of the object and nowhere else.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-02-15 00:34
The issue here is that Firefox exposes accessible text on this object (which we use for review if present), but the text is empty. Either accessible text shouldn't be exposed at all or it should mirror the name.

I'm not sure whether to hack around this in NVDA or file a bug with Mozilla on this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Palacee_hun (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-02-15 06:32
Maybe both, especially if hacking around this is easy in NVDA. I think this could and should be done in Firefox appmodule, unless empty accessible text may occur and pose problems for other objects too (other Mozilla products maybe?). Filing a bug with Mozilla is important, but the fix would involve future releases only, FF 11 at best, but maybe only 12 or later.
[to [comment:1 jteh]([BR]]
Replying):

The issue here is that Firefox exposes accessible text on this object (which we use for review if present), but the text is empty. Either accessible text shouldn't be exposed at all or it should mirror the name.

I'm not sure whether to hack around this in NVDA or file a bug with Mozilla on this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by bdorer on 2015-02-24 22:44
Closing as invalid. If I'm right Mozilla remooved status bar on Firefox 29.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant