Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA should offer to transfer just settings to logon and other secure screens #2119

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 21, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mwhapples on 2012-02-21 12:24
If I have global plugins in my user settings directory when I activate the "Use currently saved settings on the logon and other secure screens" option NVDA currently warns me about having global plugins in the user settings directory and asks whether I still wish to proceed. The only options for answering this warning is yes or no, a third option such as "Copy settings but not plugins" would be useful so that the settings could still be transferred to secure screens without having to copy the plugins.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2012-02-21 17:55
So how does one only impliment a global plug in on non secure screens? I thought this had to be an all or nothing thing due to the way the plug ins operate.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mwhapples (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-02-21 19:28
Replying to briang1:

So how does one only impliment a global plug in on non secure screens? I thought this had to be an all or nothing thing due to the way the plug ins operate.

A global plugin can be installed on a per user basis by copying the plugin into the globalPlugins directory of the user's NVDA settings directory (eg. for me in this user account on this system the NVDA user settings directory is C:\users\michael\appdata\roaming\nvda ). The user settings directory can be accessed from the shortcut in the NVDA submenu in the programs list in the start menu. For the system user (for secure screens) there is a separate settings directory in the NVDA directory.

NOTE: I am talking about NVDA from the installer package, portable versions I think may be irrelevant.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh @feerrenrut Could you please talk about the feasibility or possibility of this proposal? If it can be implemented taking security concerns and implementation considerations into account, please add the feature label.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 8, 2017

I think #6305 is a better solution to this problem. Closing as a duplicate.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants