Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

speech dictionary specific to the synthesizer (all its voices) #212

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 4 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aleksey_s on 2008-10-27 14:00
for newfon synthesizer (which has 4 voices) i need to make some text preprocessing. currently it is done with regexprs inside the module, but many of them (and many, which will be added later) might be expanded to the nvda speech dictionaries mechanizm. if developers not opossite to this i can write patch myself.
Blocked by #219

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by pvagner on 2008-10-31 09:37
I guess it is not difficult to add another synth specific dictionary. But I am afraid we do need to shrink it somehow. This would mainly clash with sapi4 and sapi5 synthesizers. We can use a lot of various engines via sapi4 and sapi5 speaking various languages. Imagine loading russian specific dictionary entries to the sapi4 would preprocess the text even with english, french, german and other voices.
Some ideas from the top of my head:

• Lets do something similar to what we are doing with the current voice filtering by language instead of voice name.
  • Or let's filter by manufacturer's name or some other engine identifier.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by aleksey_s on 2008-11-02 14:11
functionality, requested in this ticket is implemented in #219

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2009-05-01 07:07
Changes:
Milestone changed from 0.6 to None

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Superseded by #219

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants