Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

sometimes wrong numbering for footnotes #2127

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 24, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

sometimes wrong numbering for footnotes #2127

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 24, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by fatma.mehanna on 2012-02-24 18:55
hi devs,
thanks for all the improvements you made with msWord.
i'd like to refer to something about reading the footnotes numbers.
in microsoft word, there are 3 patterns of numbering the footnotes
one of them is a continious numbering
where all the footnotes being numbered in a continious way from the start of the text to its end

i.e, if the last footnote in page 1 has number 5 then the first foot note in page 2 is number 6
and so on till the end of the file

the second pattern is starting a new numbering for each page

this makes the first footnote in page 6 for example gets number 1

and nvda at the moment always reads the foot notes numbers according to the continious numbering

this means when i choose to number the footnotes as for each page separately, nvda reads the footnotes numbers according to their existance in the file
not according to its number in the page
this is our arabic mailing list members feedback.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2012-03-12 07:29
There is no way I can see to solve this currently. MS Word does not seem to expose the resultant footnote label written to the screen anywhere in its API. We currently use the footnote object's index property.
However, I should point out that the footnote within the document and the related footnote entry in the footnotes pane should still have the same value, even if its not what is really displayed on screen.

@fatmamehanna
Copy link
Contributor

Hi ,
still no way to solve this problem?
this ticket is opened for 4 years and there is no responce to it.
thanks.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Feb 20, 2016

There's nothing new because we never discovered anything new. It was investigated and we unfortunately weren't able to find a way to solve it.

CC @michaelDCurran

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 5, 2017

Closing because the issue was investigated and unfortunately, there was no way to solve it as stated in #2127 (comment)
Unless @michaelDCurran has additional information to provide, closing as cantfix

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants