Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Improviments for formatting information in applications using java access bridge #2129

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 25, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2012-02-25 19:36
This allows obtain more formatting information in openoffice/libreoffice.

When nvda f is pressed, we hear simply "proportional" instead of the font name, the cize and the style.
It would be nice NVDA announces color, alignment and spelling errors.

Thanks

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-02-26 22:25
The useless font family name is a deficiency in OOo and there's nothing we can do to fix it.

Similarly, JAB provides no way to query for spelling errors, so there's nothing we can do here either.

There is support for alignment, but I can't figure out what the values mean and OOo never seemed to expose different values when I changed the alignment.

JAB does expose colour, so it should be possible to support this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ateu on 2012-03-26 21:55
Hello

Is it also possible announces page and line numbers?
Furgive me if it is needed another tycket to request this.
If so, say me and I open.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-03-26 21:56
No. JAB doesn't expose this information.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by ateu on 2014-01-09 03:57
The problem with font name has been fixed by OpenOffice. However, other information cannot be provided yet, just the font name, font cise and style.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh From your comments, it seems that only font colour, and possibly alignment as well, can be supported by NVDA in JAB. However, I believe Java Access Bridge has been superceded or something of the sort. Could someone please shed light on this so that JAB tickets can be accordingly triaged?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 14, 2017

Closing, as JAB in Libre/OpenOffice has been replaced by IA2, which provides much more info.

Just as a general triage note, JAB has been replaced by IA2 in Libre/OpenOffice, but it has not been replaced for Java Swing applications.

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed Aug 14, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants