Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Reporting of MSN alert messages such as contacts becoming online #2130

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 25, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

Reporting of MSN alert messages such as contacts becoming online #2130

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 25, 2012 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ragb on 2012-02-25 21:25
MSN and WLM popup some baloons when some events happen: contacts becoming online, typing the firest message, etc.

These popups don't get focus unless one clicks on them with the mouse or, in some versions of wlm, when cycling open windows with alt+tab. Since they are not focused they are not reported.

One could use the show event to report the message to the user but, at least on my understanding, it is only triggered for tooltips based on the windowClassName.

MSN popup windows have a class name of "MSBLPopupMsgWClass". Attached patch adds that class to triger the show event (iaccessibleHandler.py) and treats it as a tooltip (adding the overlay in msn appModule) to report the show event as it is done for tooltips and help baloons.

This can be considered a hack: hardcoding the classes for wich the show event must be triggered is a bit hugly, specialy when they are not standard. But, without many more changes, it seems to me the easiest way. Moreover MSN mesenger is very much used by NVDA so this may compensate the hugliness.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment msn-alerts-patch.patch added by ragb on 2012-02-25 21:25
Description:
Patch to report msn alert baloons.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ragb on 2012-02-26 19:37
With further investigation it seems these show events just happen sometimes, mainly when msn starts... No idea why. Has we can't process window create events I can't check those either. Will try more ideas later.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by bdorer on 2015-01-06 20:07
As the messenger has gone I'm closing as wontfix.
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant