Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA is not seeing some accessible names used in SWT/Eclipse based applications #2134

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 28, 2012 · 8 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mwhapples on 2012-02-28 00:29
If using the eclipse SWT snippet http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.swt.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet361.java NVDA is unable to get the name for the AWT canvas inside the SWT canvas although the snippet explicitly sets an accessible name for the control. I have used accprobe to explore the GUI of the snippet and accprobe can find it and give the name. NVDA doesn't seem to give the name either in focus mode or object navigation despite seeing the frame control.

I am using NVDA 2012.1beta1. I know someone else has independently encountered this issue so if I am doing something wrong (either in usage or in installation of NVDA) then its possibly not clear in the documentation as more than me have got this result.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

cc @dkager

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jul 5, 2017

Haha, I saw that one today but didn't investigate.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 5, 2017

The NVDA+f1 dev info for such a control might be enlightening.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@mwhapples, in case you are still active on Github, could you please provide a NVDA log file by pressing NVDA key+f1 when reproducing this issue? Do you still see this issue happening?

@mwhapples
Copy link
Collaborator

I have tried this again using NVDA 2018.3.2 and SWT 4.9 Win X86_64. Same problem. I have taken a log, but not really sure it shows anything useful as the accessible name on the composite is not seen by NVDA and thus is not in the log. I used the object navigation to take the review cursor to the frame and the AWT canvas contained within that frame. The review cursor should have passed through the composite with the accessible listener which provides the accessible name.
nvda.log

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@mwhapples could you please test now with NVDA 2019.3.1 and the last Eclipse versoin? Is this still an issue?

@mwhapples
Copy link
Collaborator

Still a problem with NVDA 2020.1 and SWT 4.15.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented May 20, 2020

Your log file shows the Developer Info (NVDA+f1) for the Windows console. You need to use object navigation to move to the object which should have the name, then press NVDA+f1 at that point and provide the resulting log snippet.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants