Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA does not say expected message when trying to type in a locked region with Microsoft Office Word Web App #2150

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 6, 2012 · 5 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by MSFTOfficeAccessibility on 2012-03-06 17:28
'''Repro Steps'''

1. Install NVDA and latest version of Firefox (User2 using firefox with a machine that has NVDA running)
  2. Have 2 users open a Word Web Document to coauthor from the server (can use skydrive)
  3. User1 types text in paragraph 1
  4. User2 sees the lock on paragraph 1 then tries to type

'''Expected Behavior:''' When user 1 tries to type in the locked area (because user 2 is editing the content), user 1 should hear the following message from the screenreader "name is editing this now. You can edit here as soon as name is finished."

'''Actual Behavior:''' User 1 hears the screenreader reading out the letters he's typing even though none of those letters appear on the screen. Same behavior regardless of if the lock is an ephemeral lock or a placeholder lock.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by MSFTOfficeAccessibility on 2012-03-06 17:29
If more info is needed, please email offaccfd@microsoft.com.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

CC @Qchristensen and @michaelDCurran (Microsoft Office experts) for thoughts on this ticket.

@Qchristensen
Copy link

I must confess, I'd never used the Microsoft Office Word Web App, but it's here: https://office.live.com/start/Word.aspx

I will have to try and reproduce this particular scenario later, however, I thought it was worth putting the address up here for anyone else coming across this issue in the meantime.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@Qchristensen have you got the opportunity to test this particular issue? Ddo you have any results?

@Qchristensen
Copy link

I just tried this. What I found was:

• Word doesn't "lock' the paragraph that the other user is editing, but it does display a blue line (almost like a caret) where the other user is typing, with either the user's name or a little silhouette of a head which displays the name when you hover over it with the mouse.

• NVDA does not provide any indication that someone else is editing the document.

So the issue (being aware that someone else is currently editing the document) is slightly different to the original description but still present.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants