Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Dubbal Speaking in the Office 2010 Pro spelling Dyalog Box When Bringing it up with the Application’s Key. #2153

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 7, 2012 · 11 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Brendon22 on 2012-03-07 04:35
When spelling a word wrong in a document in Word 2010 Pro, and you move to that Word with NVDA, and then you press The Application’s Key, NVDA speaks everything dubbally when moving around within that Spelling Dyalog Box, with The Down Aro Key, so like Ignore, Ignore-Ignore All, Ignore All-Add to Dictionary, Add to Dictionary and so on!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Brendon22 on 2012-03-09 08:40
Hello this is still happening with NVDA 2012.1-RC1 Installer and The Portable Version's, can you please have a look at this, before the full release of NVDA 2012.1-RC1, the same problem is happening within the Windows Updater! Using Office 2010 Pro 32-Bit Version, I haven't seen any action on this Ticket for more than a week now, #2153?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Brendon22 on 2012-03-16 03:14
Hello can you please have a look at this ticket and please fix this problem! :)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-03-16 03:27
This will not be addressed for 2012.1. Please stop bumping this ticket weekly. We'll address it when we are able. Aside from anything else, this is hardly a major issue, only a minor annoyance. Also, we do not have access to a copy of Office 2010, so until then, we can't investigate it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Brendon22 on 2012-03-16 03:38
You may think that it's a minor annoyance but for the people that use Office 2010 Pro, it's very annoying!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by Brendon22 on 2013-03-31 01:16
Hello,

I was wondering if you have a coppy of Office 2010 yet? This would be very nice if this could be fixed. NVDA says the itoms more than once in the spellings dialog box,, when you press the Applications Key on a word. Also NVDA says the itoms twice when you move through the shift F10 Menu. Also NVDA says paine when you are aroing through the two menus.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by nvdakor on 2014-05-29 11:39
Hi,
I have Office 2010, and at least in Word and when I open the context menu on a misspelled word, NVDA announces menu items once. Try with 2014.2 and see if the issue occurs. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Brendon22 on 2014-05-31 10:28
Hi nvdakor,

This issue no longer happends. But I did notice when pressing escape to move back to my document I get the NVDA error sound? a part from that, the only other thing that speaks twice is when you press F7 to move to the spelling Suggestions NVDA says Suggestions, Suggestions, when it should say Suggestions once and then the Suggestion? Any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by nvdakor (in reply to comment 7) on 2014-05-31 10:36
Replying to Brendon22:

Hi nvdakor,

This issue no longer happends. But I did notice when pressing escape to move back to my document I get the NVDA error sound? a part from that, the only other thing that speaks twice is when you press F7 to move to the spelling Suggestions NVDA says Suggestions, Suggestions, when it should say Suggestions once and then the Suggestion? Any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

Both issues were confirmed. The first issue might have to be discussed in another ticket as it pertains to an issue with caret event after exiting spelling and grammar dialog. The second issue occurs because both the dialog text and the label for the focused control is spoken, and the dialog itself has a weird object hierarchy.
Technical: I remember Mick doing something with these controls a while back, so may need to investigate this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by nvdakor on 2014-05-31 10:40
Hi,
Unless if you wish to discuss the new issues in another ticket, can we close this as fixed?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by Brendon22 on 2014-05-31 10:42
Hello,

Yes, this ticket should be closed as fixed. Did you want me to create the new ticket or will you?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by nvdakor on 2014-05-31 10:46
Hi,
Closing as fixed. Please file separate tickets for the new issues. Thanks.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant