Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Spoken text when activating elements with NVDA+Enter is always in English #2155

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 8, 2012 · 5 comments
Closed
Labels
bug close/worksforme component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by zahari_bgr on 2012-03-08 00:21
The text that is spoken when activating an element with NVDA+Enter is always in English.
For example, when activating a checkbox or radio button, NVDA says "Check"; "Press" - for buttons etc.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-03-08 09:01
We fetch this information directly from the control in question. MSAA is supposed to expose localised action names and we're already using this, but based on this report, I suspect it doesn't localise a lot of the time, if ever. IAccessible2 has separate support for localised action names, but Mozilla for one doesn't seem to implement it. I'm not sure about UIA or JAB just now. I guess the best we can do is support it where it's possible if we aren't already and fall back to English where it's not possible. If we truly want consistency, the only solution is to just report "done" or something non-specific like that.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ateu on 2012-03-08 14:20
Hi,

In some controls, the action is really spoken using the appropriate language.
In mozilla, they are spoken in english.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added bug component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation labels Nov 10, 2015
@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh Based on 'the best we can do is support it where it's possible if we aren't already and fall back to English where it's not possible' from your #2155 (comment), I take it that this is a valid issue which NVDA can resolve to a certain extent. If so, what priority would you recommend be assigned to this ticket?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@zahari_bgr, @Ateu, is this issue still reproducible for you? In german I cannot reproduce this. It might be a translation issue in your language.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am closing this as works for me. I cannot reproduce with romanian language either. I assume it is a translation issue. If you still have this problem, please comment on it and we can reopen the discussion. You might also try to contact the translator for your particular language and report this to him or her as well.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
bug close/worksforme component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants