Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Braille scroll right sometimes stops working at end of line #2164

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 14, 2012 · 6 comments
Closed

Braille scroll right sometimes stops working at end of line #2164

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 14, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ianr on 2012-03-14 03:27
I have noticed that using the scroll right key on my braille display sometimes stops working when scrolling right would move me to the next line of text.
I am experiencing this in notepad++ but have experienced similar issues in other editors in the past.
I am using a Brailliant 80 with the BAUM protocol.
This only seems to happen when the braille currently being displayed is at the end of the line of text.
It does not consistently happen, it will happen to me and I can use the keyboard to move up a line then use scroll right again and it may work for a few lines then get caught up on a line that is different than the one it was stuck on before.
I am attaching a log file with log level set to input/output.
I have added a //look here comment that shows an example of where the scroll right key suddenly stops working.
Above it you can see the braille display updating. Below it you can see repeated scroll right presses that don't change the braille display.

Fixing this would make my reading in braille much smoother as I wouldn't need to revert to using the keyboard to get it unstuck.

Thanks for all your hard work on this great screen reader.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by ianr on 2012-03-14 03:28
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ianr on 2012-03-14 03:40
I should also note that I have experienced this using US 8 dot computer braille and also US grade 2 braille. I had the avoid splitting words option checked when using the latter.
Braille was tethered to focus.
The log file was using 8 dot computer braille without the avoid splitting words option and without the read by paragraph option.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ianr on 2012-03-14 04:03
One additional piece of information.
When it does get stuck pressing NVDA + up arrow speaks the next line but no matter how many times I scroll right it never gets past the next line and the braille does not change from the end of the line it is stuck on.
Pressing up arrow moves me back to the beginning of the current line and reads it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by kredh on 2012-03-14 09:11
I hope it would help: I found out the same problem. I think it (sometimes) occurs in some editors when the Braille display comes to the end of a page. Then, scrolling right with the Braille display should look for the next line of the document, on the next page. It doesn't do this all the time.

On Wordpad for instance, you can read a whole document of a few pages by scrolling the Braille display. On Notepad2 / Notepad++, it doesn't work.

I don't know if it is related but you can't scroll right at the end of a line on a textarea in a web page, but that may be another problem which I'd open a new ticket for.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented May 10, 2016

This can probably be closed. It looks like the same issue as #5678, which was recently integrated into master.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented May 10, 2016

Closing as a duplicate of #5678.

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed May 10, 2016
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants