Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

need support for telugu, panjapi and urudu languages #2194

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 23, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

need support for telugu, panjapi and urudu languages #2194

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 23, 2012 · 4 comments
Labels
blocked/needs-external-fix bug component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by kannan30b on 2012-03-23 05:40
NVDA 2011.3 supported indian languages such as telugu, panjapi and urudu languages also. the latest version NVDA 2012.1 does not support these languages. Please fix this problem.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-03-23 07:19
Please provide further information. NVDA's user interface has never been translated into these languages, so I'm not sure what you are referring to. Do you mean eSpeak voices or something else?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Martina on 2012-03-23 11:08
It actually concerns ESpeak voices; there were like 17 more voices in 2011.3, mostly test, that are no longer in 2012.1 for some reason; maybe they were also taken off ESpeak itself as they were just in test so not yet completed? Here is the list of them:
Akan (AK), Amharic (AM), Azerbaijani (AZ), Divehi (DV), Haitian (HT), Maltese (MT), Nepali (NE), Northern-Sotho (NSO), Punjabi (PA), Dari (PRS), Kinyarwanda (RW), Sinhala (SI), Slovenian (SL), Telugu (TE), Setswana (TN), Urdu (UR) and Wolof (WO)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by pvagner on 2012-03-27 06:10
Most likelly it requires change in eSpeak then.
It might be quite possible these voices were just concepts and were not tested properly.
It would be better to continue this discussion at the eSpeak general list https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/espeak-general
BTW these voices are still available with test versions of eSpeak from http://espeak.sf.net/test/latest.html so downloading the sapi5 version and using that until the voices are reviewed and put into the stable releases might be a temporary option.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by nvdakor on 2014-04-29 02:15
Hi,
This has been fixed as of eSpeak 1.48 - test voices have returned along with new languages.

Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added bug component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation blocked/needs-external-fix labels Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
blocked/needs-external-fix bug component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant