Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

#2217 closed task (fixed)

Hi, arrar’s in The latest Version of the User Guide.

Reported by: Brendon22 Owned by:
Priority: trivial Milestone: 2012.2
Component: Documentation Version: master
Keywords: Cc:
Operating system: Windows 7 Blocked by:
Blocking:
Changes document entry (for developers):

Description

Hi, in the section 5.2 Navigating with the System Focus you have the following: Report title NVDA+t Reports the title of the currently active window. Pressing twice will spell the information. Pressing thrice will copy it to the clipboard. And in the section 4.3. The NVDA menu NVDA is ritten diffently to every other way NVDA is written in the User Guide.

Change History (19)

comment:1 follow-up: Changed 3 years ago by jteh

I don't understand. Please be clearer about the problem. NVDA is written in all capitals as it always is.

comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

Hi, I've seen places in the User Guide wair NVDA is ritten as nvda, not as NVDA as it should be. Such as: You can also get to the NVDA menu via the windows system tray. Either right-click on the nvda icon located in the system tray, or access the system tray by pressing the windows logo key+B, DownArrow to the NVDA icon and press the applications key located next to the right control key on most keyboards. When the menu comes up, You can use the arrow keys to navigate the menu, and the enter key to activate an item. And I've seen parts of the User Guide ritten like that?

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by jteh

• Milestone set to 2012.2
  • Priority changed from minor to trivial
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

I've changed incorrect case for the name nvda in changeset:6da14d50372487f5ce8e88f2dfc61ea9cdd52f0d.

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

• Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

Cool thanks so much but how about the following errar that I found as well? In the section 5.2 Navigating with the System Focus you have the following: Report title NVDA+t Reports the title of the currently active window. Pressing twice will spell the information. Pressing thrice will copy it to the clipboard. Should be Three times

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by jteh

• Status changed from reopened to closed

Thrice is a valid English word, so this isn't an error.

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

But what does that word mean in this sentents? Here is the sentents again. In the section 5.2 Navigating with the System Focus you have the following: Report title NVDA+t Reports the title of the currently active window. Pressing twice will spell the information. Pressing thrice will copy it to the clipboard. This is what I think it should say: In the section 5.2 Navigating with the System Focus you have the following: Report title NVDA+t Reports the title of the currently active window. Pressing twice will spell the information. Pressing three times will copy it to the clipboard. I think this makes more sence than the first sentents?

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by jteh

Thrice means three times. You can check a dictionary if you disagree.

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

No I don't disagree with you, but as like me, I would think that most people wouldn't understand that word, so I'm just calling for this to be fixed so there isn't any confusion. With that word.

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by jteh

This is not a particularly complex word. The context and structure of the word should be enough to allow people to figure it out even if they don't know it. Unless Mick disagrees with me on this, it will not be changed.

comment:11 follow-up: Changed 3 years ago by orcauser

thrice was eliminated previously and replaced with three times, this particular instance seems to have slipped the net, and is the only instance in the whole userguide.

It is also quite an uncommon word in the english language (old).
Have replaced with "three times" to match all our other instances.
done in changeset:3912af96e5292ec371d47872a7f9d38a7cba3eae

comment:12 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

Thanks so much :)

comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by jteh

There's also an instance for the same command in globalCommands.py.

comment:14 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

Yes in the keystrokes in the main NVDA group in the start menu!

comment:15 in reply to: ↑ 11 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

Hi, thanks for doing that but there is another of of the word thrice in the Keystrokes document in the documentation options in the main NVDA options found in the start menu!

comment:16 Changed 3 years ago by jteh

Actually, the User Guide change covers both the User Guide and Key Commands.

comment:17 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

Cool thanks :)

comment:19 Changed 3 years ago by Brendon22

Cool thanks :)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.