Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Hi, arrar’s in The latest Version of the User Guide. #2217

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 5, 2012 · 19 comments
Closed

Hi, arrar’s in The latest Version of the User Guide. #2217

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 5, 2012 · 19 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Brendon22 on 2012-04-05 06:43
Hi, in the section 5.2 Navigating with the System Focus you have the following: Report title NVDA+t Reports the title of the currently active window. Pressing twice will spell the information. Pressing thrice will copy it to the clipboard. And in the section 4.3. The NVDA menu NVDA is ritten diffently to every other way NVDA is written in the User Guide.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-04-05 06:58
I don't understand. Please be clearer about the problem. NVDA is written in all capitals as it always is.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Brendon22 (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-04-05 07:09
Hi, I've seen places in the User Guide wair NVDA is ritten as nvda, not as NVDA as it should be. Such as: You can also get to the NVDA menu via the windows system tray. Either right-click on the nvda icon located in the system tray, or access the system tray by pressing the windows logo key+B, DownArrow to the NVDA icon and press the applications key located next to the right control key on most keyboards. When the menu comes up, You can use the arrow keys to navigate the menu, and the enter key to activate an item. And I've seen parts of the User Guide ritten like that?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-04-05 07:14
I've changed incorrect case for the name nvda in 6da14d5.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2012.2
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Brendon22 on 2012-04-05 07:26
Cool thanks so much but how about the following errar that I found as well? In the section 5.2 Navigating with the System Focus you have the following: Report title NVDA+t Reports the title of the currently active window. Pressing twice will spell the information. Pressing thrice will copy it to the clipboard. Should be Three times
Changes:
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2012-04-05 07:40
Thrice is a valid English word, so this isn't an error.
Changes:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by Brendon22 on 2012-04-05 07:59
But what does that word mean in this sentents? Here is the sentents again. In the section 5.2 Navigating with the System Focus you have the following: Report title NVDA+t Reports the title of the currently active window. Pressing twice will spell the information. Pressing thrice will copy it to the clipboard. This is what I think it should say: In the section 5.2 Navigating with the System Focus you have the following: Report title NVDA+t Reports the title of the currently active window. Pressing twice will spell the information. Pressing three times will copy it to the clipboard. I think this makes more sence than the first sentents?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Brendon22 on 2012-04-05 11:05
Changes:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jteh on 2012-04-05 11:43
Thrice means three times. You can check a dictionary if you disagree.
Changes:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by Brendon22 on 2012-04-05 12:01
No I don't disagree with you, but as like me, I would think that most people wouldn't understand that word, so I'm just calling for this to be fixed so there isn't any confusion. With that word.
Changes:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by jteh on 2012-04-05 12:06
This is not a particularly complex word. The context and structure of the word should be enough to allow people to figure it out even if they don't know it. Unless Mick disagrees with me on this, it will not be changed.
Changes:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by orcauser on 2012-04-05 14:35
thrice was eliminated previously and replaced with three times, this particular instance seems to have slipped the net, and is the only instance in the whole userguide.

It is also quite an uncommon word in the english language (old).
Have replaced with "three times" to match all our other instances.
done in 3912af9

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by Brendon22 on 2012-04-05 21:15
Thanks so much :)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 13 by jteh on 2012-04-05 22:36
There's also an instance for the same command in globalCommands.py.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 14 by Brendon22 on 2012-04-05 23:19
Yes in the keystrokes in the main NVDA group in the start menu!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 15 by Brendon22 (in reply to comment 11) on 2012-04-06 00:52
Hi, thanks for doing that but there is another of of the word thrice in the Keystrokes document in the documentation options in the main NVDA options found in the start menu!
Changes:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 16 by jteh on 2012-04-06 00:57
Actually, the User Guide change covers both the User Guide and Key Commands.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 17 by Brendon22 on 2012-04-06 01:00
Cool thanks :)
Changes:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 18 by jteh on 2012-04-06 01:04
Also 7d7e040.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 19 by Brendon22 on 2012-04-06 01:11
Cool thanks :)

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant