Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

A "whole word" option in the dictionary #2220

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 5, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

A "whole word" option in the dictionary #2220

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 5, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by kredh on 2012-04-05 08:56
It could be useful to have an option such as "whole word" in the speech dictionary. The interpreted prononciation would be changed only if the word is not a part of another word (the matches but not theater, for instance).

I know that this can be done via regular expression, but the resulting regexp is not really intuitive. Furthermore, I think that regular expressions are slower but I'm not positive.
Blocked by #1704

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ateu on 2014-07-29 01:57
Hi,

I've received several requests from the Portuguese list about his. Unfortunately, it's so difficoult to add a dictionary entry without affecting other words. I think this is an important thing.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by kredh on 2014-07-29 09:34
On the other hand, we already can use regular expressions in the dictionary. What I suggest is just some option that would create a new regular expression (this 'whole' word matter can be tested through regular expressions). If the checkbox is checked, then the system converts the word to a regular expression, adding what it needs to test if the expression is a word. Well, it sounds possible, anyway.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by cannona on 2014-09-08 17:08
This ticket duplicates #1704

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2014-09-09 04:14
Yes, this is a duplicate of #1704.
Changes:
Added labels: duplicate
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant