Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

error during say all in virtual buffers using eSpeak #2224

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 6, 2012 · 6 comments
Closed

error during say all in virtual buffers using eSpeak #2224

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 6, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by zahari_bgr on 2012-04-06 00:24
Hi,
during say all in virtual buffers using Bulgarian voice in eSpeak, when NVDA encounters a word with all caps, which is at the beginning of the line, that causes an error:

ERROR - synthDrivers._espeak.callback (02:28:01):
callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "synthDrivers_espeak.pyc", line 127, in callback
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'W\x8b\x04nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'
ERROR - unhandled exception (02:28:01):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "_ctypes/callbacks.c", line 338, in 'converting callback result'
TypeError: an integer is required
ERROR - stderr (02:28:01):
Exception
in
<function callback at 0x030AEAF0>
ignored

I can't reproduce this using English voice, but the Bulgarian voice reads latin text as English, so it won't be a problem for you to test it.

For example:
Go to vinuxproject.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=36
Go to first heading: 15/03/2012 Vinux 3.0.2 now Released!
Activate Say All.
When you reach "USB install script included." you should hear the error sound.
In some cases, the capitalized word is skipped, in other - the whole line is skipped, which is worst.
Also, the reading speed is reduced sometimes.

Onece the Voice Settings Dialog is opened, the reading speed is going back to normal.

I've just made another test: The same is happening when using Russian voice, except of slowing voice. So may be there are other voices affected.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-04-06 00:34
Pretty sure this is a bug in eSpeak, as I don't see how we could be causing this. Nevertheless, we need to investigate further.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2012.2

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-05-10 02:14
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2012.2 to near-term

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jun 23, 2016

@zahyur, does this still occur?

@jcsteh jcsteh removed this from the near-term milestone Jun 24, 2016
@zahyur
Copy link
Contributor

zahyur commented Jun 24, 2016

Hi Jamie,
I don't believe it does, but I rarely use Windows any more, so better ask @k-kolev1985
Actually, I think it stopped at some point, at least for the build-in dll, but I'm not sure about the SAPI5 version.
If Kostadin can't reproduce it, I think we might close that issue, furthermore that eSpeak development now happens in the eSpeak NG fork and NVDA uses that one (we'll have to wait for eSpeak NG's SAPI5 version to be released, so we could see how it behaves there).

Best wishes,
Zahari

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

At present I don't have the SAPI5 version of eSpeak installed. I can only test with the built-in version of eSpeak-NG and I haven't noticed such issues in a long time. Actually, I even have forgotten about this issue - it hasn't occurred in a long time.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 8, 2017

Closing from comment provided in #2224 (comment). If this error still exists, please create an issue on the ESpeak NG issue tracker.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 8, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants