Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

AVG thinks that the NVDA update is a threat #2243

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 14, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

AVG thinks that the NVDA update is a threat #2243

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 14, 2012 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by hurrikenny on 2012-04-14 07:17
In the latest snapshots, when I download the latest copy of NVDA and press OK to install it, it makes a shutting down noise and I think the starting up noise. Next, it looks as though AVG pops up a message that NVDA cannot read, and the following file is what comes up in AVG as a threat: C:\documents and settings\admin\local settings\temp\NSYD.TMP\App\nvda_nouiaccess.exe. This is on version 2012 and running Windows XP home. I borrowed my wife's eyes and she said I need to tab down to Allow and press enter. This has only been happening since the two files have been combined, yet on my Windows 7 64 bit machine with AVG 2012 this message does not come up. Normally I would be able to add this file to my exceptions list, however being a temp file the details keep changing.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2012-04-14 09:22
This has been reported in the DEV list a while ago. Has anyone told AVG? If it were nvda, one would expect the problem to show up in both 64 bit and 32 bit systems surely?

On the shutting down and rebooting, yes, this is a bug and is ticketted already. Its a crash when the installer runs, nvdas running installed copy crashes and is rebooted. Later on its shut down and the temp copy booted but without reading the local parameters. This is also ticketted.

If you can send the file to avg then I think it would be helpful, as the fault lies with their detection system.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@feerrenrut @jcsteh Is there anything that needs changing on NVDA's end to prevent AVG (or other anti-virus software) from raising false positives against NVDA? If not, I suggest closing this ticket. @ehollig

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 10, 2017

Nothing specific that I know of. This would be a matter of finding a channel to contact relevant anti-virus vendors to report false positives when they arise. Closing.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants