Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add an option to keep the update in installation version of updater #2255

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 20, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by briang1 on 2012-04-20 13:53
It would be useful if one could elect to keep a downloaded update so that any reinstalls does not involve downloading the latest version again.
I used to do this with snapshots via the nvda downloader before, but the only way to achieve this without going to the download pages is to update using a portable version as far as I can see.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-04-21 08:15
I understand the desire for this, but it's a pretty obscure feature and is only even possible because of the way we handle updates. It should certainly be a hidden/advanced feature if it is implemented and I'm tempted to wontfix it completely. Thoughts, Mick?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2012-04-21 08:32
Well, I do find the way some programs, did someone mention Windows, make you re download updates every time you need to do a reinstall very time consuming, so as many bits of software offer the choice to keep the update file, then it seems much better to me to keep the current archive and update it straight away via a clean install from the latest archive.
I know I can do this with Dolphin software, though they do make you install the cd first, the updates are saved if you want them to be in the current download folder, or at least they were when I last did it.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh in #2255 (comment), you expressed your temptation to close this ticket as a wontfix. What is your opinion on this matter at present? As done by Jamie in the same comment, thoughts, @michaelDCurran?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 10, 2017

I'm making an executive decision. Won't fix. :)

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants