Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add ability to read the current paragraph and the current, sentence #2268

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 25, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jfauchon on 2012-04-25 11:46
Hi,

I suggest to add ability to NVDA to read the current paragraph and sentence and the previous and next sentence (for examples, for the curent paragraph with CTRL+Pavnum5, the current sentence with ALt+Numpad5, the next and previous sentence with ALT+Numpad2 and ALT+Numpad8). Now, nvda can read the current word and the current line.

Please can you add those functionalities.

Thank you for your work.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jfauchon on 2012-04-25 11:47
Changes:
Changed title from "Add ability to read the current paragraph and setence" to "Add ability to read the current paragraph and the current, next and previous sentence"

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Sentence navigation is already covered elsewhere and thus this ticket exclusively covers keystrokes to read the current sentence and paragraph. I am not too sure if this should be accepted because it may be difficult to come up with logical keystrokes for desktop and laptop layouts given our existing concern about common keyboard shortcuts running out. No usage case has been provided either and the original author of this ticket is now out-of-reach. Thus, I suggest closing. @ehollig

@ehollig ehollig changed the title Add ability to read the current paragraph and the current, next and previous sentence Add ability to read the current paragraph and the current, sentence Aug 13, 2017
@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 14, 2017

Closing as won't fix.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants