Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Improve reading of tables in microsoft word. #2278

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 27, 2012 · 5 comments
Closed

Improve reading of tables in microsoft word. #2278

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 27, 2012 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ashleycox on 2012-04-27 10:06
Currently, nvda can read tables in word if they have content in them. However, if the table has no content, or a column is empty, NVDA simply doesn't announce that columns existence. This makes it difficult to insert data into tables. NVDA needs to announce columns, regardless of the content in them. Using word 2007.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

See Table with empty columns and rows.docx

Strange enough, this table was very buggy in terms of table navigation when I kopied it from Excel to Word 2016, but when I restarted Word, all seemed fixed.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@LeonarddeR when I enable "table" in document formating settings of NVDA the cells and their coordinates are being reported accordingly. Using MS Word 2016.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ashleycox

@bdorer
Copy link
Sponsor

bdorer commented Mar 19, 2019

Using Word 2013 and latest nvda-alpha everything is working for me. I wote for closing as worksforme. If someone is able to provide steps to reproduce we can reopen.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Closing, as the report is from Word 2007 which is over 12 years old now.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants