Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Report when a text is copyed in other documents #2285

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 30, 2012 · 5 comments
Closed

Report when a text is copyed in other documents #2285

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 30, 2012 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2012-04-30 11:03
At the moment, NVDA only report when a text is copyed in browse mode documents.
I agree that is not logical announces when a file is copyed, because the screen reader can't know this information.
But I'd like to know whether it's possible obbtain the information when a text is copyed in text editors.
If so, it would be really useful.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2012-04-30 11:05
Do sighted people some how get alerted that a copy succeeded? If so then perhaps there is reason to implement this. If not, then no.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2012-04-30 11:23
Well, probably not what you mean, but when I could see I could tell the copy worked as it appeared below where my marker was and I could see it.
Of course one could equally argue that one could cursor quickly up and down and tell it was there.

The times when I would like this would be in an online field where often the act of pasting seems not to always be working!
Unfortunately, the stuttering screen reading this sort of thing tends to produce in other screenreaders is also not very helpful either.

We had an earlier ticket about nvda saying things like cut requested, and paste requested, but this still does not say its actually happened does it.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jul 13, 2017

So do sighted people see an indication of a successful copy (not a paste)?
CC @LeonarddeR

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I think they do not. Furthermore, this really looks like a duplicate.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 12, 2017

Duplicate of #553

@ehollig ehollig marked this as a duplicate of #553 Aug 12, 2017
@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 12, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants