Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

add option to skip layout/formatting information when tabbing through content. #2308

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 8, 2012 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ashleycox on 2012-05-08 20:58
It would be nice to have an option to disable the reading of layout/formatting information, such as the start and end of lists, tables, frames, landmarks, etc when tabbing through content, such as a webpage. This would enable the user to still have this information read when navigating through a document, but would mean they could tab through documents quickly.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jhomme on 2012-05-09 11:10
Hi,
Some of this info is covered in 9.1.11 of the User Manual.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ashleycox (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-05-26 15:58
The document formatting settings are covered, but not this particular issue. I don't want to enable or disable formatting settings - I want to have an option to skip reading of formatting information when tabbing, instead of arrowing, through content. For example, if I have a page with a range of links organized into various lists, if I arrow through the links I want the list to be announced, but if I tab I want only to hear the links.

Replying to jhomme:

Hi,

Some of this info is covered in 9.1.11 of the User Manual.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I am not too convinced by this feature request. The absence of any concrete usage case or justification for this feature and lack of justification for differentiation between arrowing and Tabbing makes this ticket somewhat incomplete.Thoughts/inputs from others would be appreciated.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 9, 2017

This should be fixed by #7434

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ashleycox is this issue still valid? Or is it solved as @ehollig pointed out in his comment above?

@ashleycox
Copy link

Yes, I believe this is now resolved.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Nov 12, 2018

Thank you @ashleycox. Closing

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Nov 12, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants