Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

stay in the same place on the page when content is refreshed. #2310

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 9, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

stay in the same place on the page when content is refreshed. #2310

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 9, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ashleycox on 2012-05-09 08:50
When NVDA +f5 is pressed to refresh the content on a page, nvda should return the focus to the place on the page where the user was located before they refreshed the content, if possible.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-05-09 18:00
NVDA+f5 is somewhat of an emergency command and shouldn't be necessary. Can you provide an example as to when you need this (i.e. when NVDA doesn't detect a page update itself)? Please provide steps to reproduce, including a URL and the browser used.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ashleycox (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-05-10 18:57
Replying to jteh:

NVDA+f5 is somewhat of an emergency command and shouldn't be necessary. Can you provide an example as to when you need this (i.e. when NVDA doesn't detect a page update itself)? Please provide steps to reproduce, including a URL and the browser used.

I can't give any specific examples - however, I've sometimes found that nvda's auto-refresh feature doesn't work on some pages, or if a page doesn't load correctly it is sometimes necesary to use this command. I can't think of any pages off the top of my head. It's the same in all popular browsers - firefox, chrome, IE, etc.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 8, 2017

Closing because of lack of an example demonstrating the issue. Also, NVDA+f5 is somewhat of an emergency command and should not be necessary, as stated by @jcsteh in #2310 (comment).

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 8, 2017

Also, this is a duplicate of #2032.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants