Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Updating the OCR add-on to use the contentRecog framework #2331

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 13, 2012 · 12 comments
Closed

Updating the OCR add-on to use the contentRecog framework #2331

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 13, 2012 · 12 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Brendon22 on 2012-05-13 12:41
Hi, When using The OCR Plugg-in and After doing an OCR of The Screen. And trying to read it NVDA will just admit The NVDA Errar Sound? Using NVDA Version 2012.2beta1.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by MHameed on 2012-05-13 12:59
This is not enough information to find the cause of the problem, can you please provide a log.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment NVDA Log.txt added by Brendon22 on 2012-05-16 00:37
Description:
My NVDA Log from 16/05/12

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-06-08 06:56
You need to use the NVDA review cursor to read the OCR text, not the system caret. This is by design; the text isn't actually available using the caret.

That said, errors when you try to move the caret still aren't ideal. Ideally, the caret should just work as normal, though I'm not sure how to implement this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Brendon22 on 2012-06-08 07:08
Thanks for that, and I agree with you about the errars.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Brendon22 on 2012-08-21 05:33
Hello,
NVDA is still doing this.

1. Open up a window wich I know has a picture in it that has text in it.
  2. Run OCR with NVDA plus R.
  3. Try and use your aro keys to read the OCRED text. NVdA gives me the following errar:

NotImplementedError
ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (15:26:24):
error executing event: caret on <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_IAccessibleEditWindowNVDAObject object at 0x0568FCD0> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 136, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 84, in init
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 91, in next
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible__init__.pyc", line 1244, in event_caret
File "NVDAObjects\window\edit.pyc", line 791, in event_caret
File "C:\Users\Brendon Donohue\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\ocr\globalPlugins\ocr__init__.py", line 207, in
File "C:\Users\Brendon Donohue\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\ocr\globalPlugins\ocr__init__.py", line 96, in init
File "textInfos\offsets.pyc", line 275, in init
File "textInfos\offsets.pyc", line 165, in _getSelectionOffsets
NotImplementedError, Log set to input.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2012-08-21 05:59
As noted in comment:2, you aren't meant to be able to read the OCRed text using the arrow keys.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by Brendon22 on 2012-08-21 06:46
Hello,
Oh Yes, sorry!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Brendon22 on 2014-05-29 10:52
Hello,

These issues haven't been resolved yet. Any progress on this?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh Does this still occur? I don't think I follow the issue correctly, because pressing NVDA+R and then arrowing around doesn't seem to generate errors at my end.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 14, 2017

I think so. It will occur if you press NVDA+r while in an editable text field.

This can be fixed by updating the OCR add-on to use the new contentRecog framework.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

To summarize:

• While I am not too sure If I am exactly able to reproduce the reported errors myself using NVDA 2017.3 on Windows 8.1, this issue ('s title in particular) needs to be morphed to cover the errors generated by NVDA when a user attempts to review the OCR results using the system caret instead of the review cursor.
  • The solution, as noted by @jcsteh in Updating the OCR add-on to use the contentRecog framework #2331 (comment), is to update the OCR add-on to use the new contentRecog framework.

@ehollig ehollig changed the title Using The NVDA OCR plugg-in! Updating the OCR add-on to use the contentRecog framework Aug 29, 2017
@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Sep 5, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Please open an issue against the ocr addon itself rather than NVDA. With OCR on Windows 10 this is not occuring.
The OCR addon on github is here:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-ocr
I am closing this for now.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants