Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Allow the automatic check frequency of updates to be set #2353

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 17, 2012 · 2 comments
Closed

Allow the automatic check frequency of updates to be set #2353

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 17, 2012 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2012-05-17 11:00
From what I understand, if automatic updates are enabled, NVDA automatically checks for updated versions every 24 hours.

It would be a nice addition to allow this frequency to be editable by the user - for example, some people may want notifications of new updates, but might want them weekly as aposed to the current timeframe.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

At least with reference to stable versions of NVDA, it is a known fact that a new NVDA version can be expected quarterly. Since we do not push updates very regularly anyways, and three months is a reasonable time frame, I consider the proposed feature request to be an unneeded overkill. The story with development builds may be entirely different though, and due to my limited knowledge and experience in that regard, I shall leave that to be discussed by others. Thoughts?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 14, 2017

This increases complexity and makes things difficult for our statistics. Closing as won't fix. Note that less intrusive notifications (#2257) and postponing of updates (#4263) will make daily update checks less annoying for users who don't want to install the update immediately.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants