Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA stops reading elements like the start menu, text in notepad, etc at random times. #2403

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 1, 2012 · 6 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by santiagoblue7 on 2012-06-01 22:17
Hello.
I'm currently using NVDA snapshot main 5207 with my iMac running Windows 8 release preview and I'm experiencing an issue with it. The issue is with NVDA not reading elements for example, it won't read the start menu, a page in firefox, text on notepad, etc. This happens at random times, so there's no given time when it will happen. Running as administrator won't fix the issue either. Restarting NVDA is the only thing that will temporarily fix this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2012-06-01 23:08
I would like to point out that these effects have been reported before on less interesting hardware. I have encountered it in XP on my machines. as has been said, it is only a reboot of nvda that works. It might be a similar issue to the one where the nvda menu won't work. but the main problem is that you cannot say, if I do this, it will happen, which is probably why its still around.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Ahiiron on 2012-06-02 22:47
I can confirm using NVDA 2012.2 RC2 And Windows 8. After a stretch of time, and a few opening and closing of Control Panel, it just won't read what yo utab to. You can still use obj nav to get to and click things, but focus isn't updated/read properly. You have to restart NVDA and then things behave again. No errors occur

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-06-03 23:42
Is NVDA installed on your systems or are you running a portable copy? Do you attempt to bring up the NVDA menu some time before this happens and find that it doesn't open properly (as per #2384)?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 8, 2017

@Brian1Gaff, have you experienced this lately? Considering I have not this issue and we do not have a way to contact the original author, I am leaning towards a close.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@Brian1Gaff, I cannot reproduce this in NVDA 2018.4 Beta 1 in Windows 10 1809 Update. Also working since two years with NVDA 2017.3 on Windows 8.1 and cannot reproduce this either.
Last year I had this problem in Windows 10 1703 update with NVDA 2017.2 and newer. But this problem seems to be solved after Windows 10 1803 update. @josephsl we have closed several issues related to this problem. I suggest closing this one as well unless someone can still reproduce it.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Nov 25, 2018

As we have not experienced this issue in quite a bit of time, I am going to close this issue. Please reopen a new issue if something like this occurs in the future.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Nov 25, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants