Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA crash when playing sounds in GoldWave #2416

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 8, 2012 · 5 comments
Closed

NVDA crash when playing sounds in GoldWave #2416

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 8, 2012 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mrdin8877 on 2012-06-08 06:42
STR:

1. Open goldwave.
  2. open a file to edit.
  3. press space bar to play the track/music/sound. now, press insert+f12 or something. NVDA will hang! it takes sometimes to speak.
  4. If you stop the sound with space bar again, NVDA will then becomes normal.

thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Brendon22 on 2012-06-08 07:05
Hello, please make shore that you have the latest version of GoldWave, because version's before 5.67 had the wrong Preset set for Screen Readers. This made Screen Readers hang when playing files. I had the same problem happend to me, if this problem still happends after updating to the latest version of GoldWave. Please email chris2010@goldwave.com And Tell him what is happening!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2012-06-08 08:23
Well I'm using version 5.58 and don't seem to have this issue with nvda, so it also could be that some of the display choices affect this delay. there is always a delay on first boot up of Goldwave, but not noticed the one mentioned and I use it a lot.
Please report back though if you find the new version fixes it as it will help others.
I do have some issues with the later versions of goldwave doing odd things to the sound file, like replacing it with white noise for no good reason.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mrdin8877 on 2012-06-09 04:43
I just updated to goldwave 5.67 and it's the same.. it crash while playing media. but the operating system is ok..

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2012-06-09 15:02
A few suggestions. I'm using 5.58 hear but have used most of the previous versions without any hanging at all. Some nice person suggested it could be your sound drivers, but one thing would sort out if its nvda, and that is the part of the log file where you get the problem. If you run an nvda sanapshot from the main branch, the latest possibly, it preserves the last log file when you restart nvda, so load this into notepad and cut out the bit we are interested in and either attach it to this ticket or paste it in to your comment.

Its a bit hard to find a problem if you don't get it.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jul 14, 2017

Can't reproduce with GoldWave v6.28 and NVDA 2017.2.

@dkager dkager closed this as completed Jul 14, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants