Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

wrong reading compound words and sites #2432

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 11, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

wrong reading compound words and sites #2432

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 11, 2012 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Twinsen on 2012-06-11 15:24
1)If NVDA find in text word like ‘приветguest’ this word will be read incorrectly.You will be hear some thing like this ‘letter four one ,letter four thre, letter four two ...
2)Severial web pages reading in mode’
‘letter four one ,letter four thre, letter four two ...’ non stop. For example ‘:http://www.skylight-hals.ru/about.htm?
utm_source=yandex_cpc&utm_medium=yandex_cpc&utm_campaign=yandex_arenda&utm_term=arenda_ofisnogo_pomewenij_v_moskve.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Jun 11, 2012

Attachment nvda log contain bad example added by Twinsen on 2012-06-11 15:34
Description:
Example of bad reading Russian + Englesh compound words and sites
Update:
File added from Trac
nvda log contain bad example.txt

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@michaelDCurran Since you have apparently been assigned this ticket (and all others under the same category by Trac, I know), mind making a quick check and sharing your findings? I am not too sure I follow the ticket well enough to test this myself.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 15, 2017

From the character set and the example website URL, I'm guessing this is Russian text. While I don't understand Russian, switching eSpeak to Russian and reading text containing these characters does not report text like "letter four one", etc. as described. This was possibly due to having eSpeak set to the wrong language or broken eSpeak data at the time. Regardless, this appears to be fixed. Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants