Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Option to just once report position information #2433

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 11, 2012 · 6 comments
Closed

Option to just once report position information #2433

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 11, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2012-06-11 15:56
Hi

I think the checkbox Report Position Information should be replaced with a combo box with 3 options.
Always, once and never.
But if you think this is not a good idea, when this option is turned off, NVDA should speak just once this information, as for some users, is suficient.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2014-04-29 02:45
Hi,
Can you provide an example in which position information is spoken twice or more? Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ateu on 2014-04-29 04:09
If you are in a list or menu, when you move with arrow keys, NVDA says 1 of 8 for example; when you move again, NVDA says 2 of 8. and so on. I think NVDA would have an option allowing the user to make NVDA announce position information just once, none or always, not just none or always like NVDA does.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by nvdakor on 2015-05-18 23:07
Hi,
Coming back to this ticket...
You might be thinking of number of items in the container (lists, tables, etc.). I think it might be a slight misunderstanding that may have brought this suggestion up, and since that ption talks about the current item only, I think it should be not implemented for now.
Thanks.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

CC @josephsl to request further thoughts/inputs and assistance in triaging this ticket

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@jcsteh, @derekriemer your thoughts are very appreciated. In my view at least, this would not really improve user experience. Because if we think of every setting in NVDA where you can either enable or disable it, we could add several varieties for those settings but then the user will ge overwelmed by too many variants for such simple settings.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am closing this in favor of #8187 where the discussion goes in more detail. The results of the discussion in that issue might lead to a general conclusion upon which we can open a new issue or feature request if needed.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants