Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

audio indication of virtual buffer modes change #244

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 6 comments
Closed

audio indication of virtual buffer modes change #244

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aleksey_s on 2008-11-26 18:27
nvda might have an user configurable option to play audio indications instead of speech reporting when virtual buffer mode is changed.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment waves.zip added by aleksey_s on 2008-11-26 18:28
Description:
the sounds i suggest for this

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by aleksey_s on 2008-11-26 18:31
look attachment to the ticket:243 for implementation.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2008-11-26 22:49
Thanks for filing this one.

Mick and I discussed this a while back and thought about enhancing the tones module to play a sequence of tones for this. This avoids having to keep more wav files around. What do you think of this? Would you rather just have wav files? I guess we could do wav files for now and change it later if we ever get around to enhancing the tones module, as that could be quite difficult.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by aleksey_s (in reply to comment 2) on 2008-11-27 06:41
Replying to jteh:

Thanks for filing this one.

Mick and I discussed this a while back and thought about enhancing the tones module to play a sequence of tones for this.

i think abusing tones isn't very well.

This avoids having to keep more wav files around.

why do you don't like to have more wave files? size of distribution will not change very mutch:-)

What do you think of this? Would you rather just have wav files?

yes. i have thought about possible tones sequence before exactly decided to use short waves.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2009-02-16 07:57
We've decided not to implement #243. Therefore, it'd be great if you can reimplement this against the current code (i.e. with !VirtualBuffer.passThrough). If you'd rather not, I will do it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by mdcurran on 2009-02-17 09:28
Implemented in r2732.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant