Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

All NVDA 2012 releases disables Dragon 11.5 Custom Voice Commands #2456

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 16, 2012 · 6 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by fjwilke@... on 2012-06-16 21:04
Hardware: Acer 8951G, Pentium I7 64-bit, 8 MB RAM
operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
in VDA 2012.1, 2012.2, 2000 12.2.1 clash with voice recognition software by Nuance called Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5

Nature of Problem: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 allows users to create custom-made voice commands. Voice commands enter predefined text strings on command. NVDA 2012 releases disable these commands.
I have returned to NVDA 2011.3 that does not cause this problem.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by erion on 2012-06-16 21:53
I have a hunch that this is caused by a feature in 2012.1:

NVDA can now detect key presses generated from alternative keyboard input emulation such as on-screen keyboards and speech recognition software.

Unfortunately I have no way to test this at the moment, but it might be a good starting point.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-06-17 02:01
I had the same hunch. However, this seems strange to me. All we did was stop ignoring injected keys so NVDA can respond to them if they have been bound in NVDA. As long as you haven't bound them in NVDA, it should behave the same as it did previously.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jul 14, 2017

Any relation to the "Handle keys from other applications" setting?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

cc @derekriemer

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@fjwilke@... can you still see this issue?
@dkager, @derekriemer any further comments on this?

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Nov 7, 2018

Since this issue has long been abandoned and we can't easily trace the original poster on GitHub I am going to close this. Please reopen if you have more info.

@dkager dkager closed this as completed Nov 7, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants