Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Unable to access all of the menu's on the main Facebook Page with NVDA-2012.2.1 #2462

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 18, 2012 · 5 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Brendon22 on 2012-06-18 05:35
Hi, I'm Unable to access my Timeline editing menu's on the main Facebook Page. Such as removing posts and friend activities with NVDA-2012.2.1 and with the latest Snapshots? But I was able to before with version's before NVDA-2012.2.1? When pressing space or enter NVDA used to read us what was in the menu with out a problem. But now it doesn't?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ondrosik on 2012-06-18 09:45
Well, this is related to Facebook as they are changing the main site and ignoring the accessibility issue. So if something is not working properly, you should contact the Facebook team. But you can also try an older version of NVDA so you can make sure that really something changed on Facebook and not in NVDA.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Brendon22 on 2012-06-18 10:02
Hi, I've tryed contacting Facebook. But all they give you is a computer email telling you thank you for your comments. Yes, I've tryed older version's of NVDA as well and the older version's worked! That's why I say something could have changed in NVDA.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Brendon22 on 2012-08-21 05:57
Hello,
This is still happening. I've ritten to Facebook again and again. But they don't seem to kair. Is there anything that NVDA can do? Or should I close this as canfix?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Brendon22 on 2012-10-05 12:24
Hello,

I have been able to get a sited person to tell me that when clicking on these edit buttons on my Facebook timeline, they come up for my sited person. These menus can't be accessed by screen readers at all! Is there anything at all you can do? I've contacted Facebook again and again about this problem, but they just won't fix it!

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I'm able to do these things just fine. Furthermore, it is likely that many things have changed in Facebook, browsers and NVDA. Closing as works for me, but please get into contact if you think this is still not functioning as it should. IN that case, please make sure that the problem is NVDA related and not just Facebook being bad in a11y.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants