Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA's Sapi driver reacts a lot slower in windows 8 #2464

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 18, 2012 · 5 comments
Closed

NVDA's Sapi driver reacts a lot slower in windows 8 #2464

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 18, 2012 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by erion on 2012-06-18 16:15
On a 64 bit Windows 8, NVDA's Sapi driver reacts a lot slower than in previous versions of the operating system.
Other applications using Sapi work fine.
This was only tested under 64 bit, but it might be present under x86 as well.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-06-18 22:27
It's worth noting that NVDA can only use 32 bit SAPI engines, so this might explain the difference between NVDA and other applications. Why the 32 bit engines are slower for you is still an open question. :)

If you haven't already, would you mind testing with the SAPI 5 version of eSpeak (which is 32 bit)?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by erion (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-06-19 06:59
Replying to jteh:

If you haven't already, would you mind testing with the SAPI 5 version of eSpeak (which is 32 bit)?

It is just as slow as the other 32 bit voices, e.g. the 32 bit version of MS David.
However this is not voice specific, since native 32 bit programs have no such issue (maybe the wave buffer is too large?).

@bhavyashah
Copy link

CC @jcsteh

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@erion can you still reproduce this?
@jcsteh, @michaelDCurran I guess there is low priority for this issue at NV Access. Right? Actually there was also some problems regarding this issue which have been reported in the german community as well. Especially with 24 khz voices. But I think those voices can be replaced by better and more responsive ones. Your thoughts are very appreciated.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We do not have any user reports on this one for a very long while. I am closing this. if you still have this problem, please comment on it and we can reopen the discussion. For me it works just fine with NVDA 2019.1.1 on Windows 8.1 and Sapi5 voices.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants