Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Cancelling download of update intermittently fails #2476

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 20, 2012 · 7 comments
Closed

Cancelling download of update intermittently fails #2476

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 20, 2012 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2012-06-20 09:58
I was downloading a new update using the auto updater yesterday, and accidentally pressed the Cancel button during the process. Instead of stopping the download and closing the dialog, I had to wait about 10 seconds before I was told that the download had failed, at which point I could close the dialog. However, the downloaded launcher wasn't removed from the temp directory (see #2476 for more info).

However, what's interesting is that I tried downloading the update again, and the Cancel button closed the dialog without a delay.

I'm guessing this isn't how the button is supposed to behave, and that it should simply cancel the download and remove the launcher.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-06-20 10:08
To clarify, I assume you're happy with the way it worked when you tried to cancel the second update? That is how it is supposed to work. In practice, it may take a fraction of a second to cancel, but it should never be more than this and should cancel without errors.

Unfortunately, this is going to be difficult to fix, as I wasn't able to reproduce this in my testing.
Changes:
Changed title from "Friendlier way of canceling the download of an update" to "Cancelling download of update intermittently fails"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by elliott94 (in reply to comment description) on 2012-06-20 10:40
Replying to elliott94:

However, the downloaded launcher wasn't removed from the temp directory (see #2476 for more info).

Sorry; this should be #2477.

Replying to jteh:

To clarify, I assume you're happy with the way it worked when you tried to cancel the second update? That is how it is supposed to work. In practice, it may take a fraction of a second to cancel, but it should never be more than this and should cancel without errors.

Yes, that was fine. I think the reason it failed the first time was that my connection was experiencing several issues - however, obviously that shouldn't stop the update from canceling properly.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-06-21 01:01
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to near-term

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@elliott94 Does this still occur for you?

@elliott94
Copy link

Happy for this to be closed - I haven't seen this since initially reporting.

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Aug 10, 2017 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 10, 2017

Closing from #2476 (comment)

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants