Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Automatically remove downloaded launcher from %temp% in certain situations #2477

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 20, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2012-06-20 10:05
Currently, launchers that are downloaded using the auto updater are placed in the users temperary directory. If the installation of an update is successful, the launcher is automatically removed; however, this isn't always the case.

If an update is manually canceled by the user during the download, the file is kept in the temperary directory and not removed. If several updates are canceled using this method, they waste disk space.

I think tthe best way to handel this is to check if any updates are in the temperary directory when a new update is downloaded, and if found, remove them acordingly.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-06-20 10:15
Cancelled downloads are always removed for me. Can you please confirm whether this works correctly when cancelling works properly (i.e. when it doesn't fail as per #2476)?

The code doesn't removed failed downloads. This should be fixed.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2012.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ondrosik on 2012-06-25 06:04
Cancelled downloads works also for me. But when download fails for example internet connection is interrrupted, updated package is not removed from temp dyrectory.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2012-07-02 00:59
Fixed in 92b95df. The file is removed as long as the download was not successful (canceled or failed).
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants