Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

I wish to support tencent qq. #2489

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 24, 2012 · 15 comments
Closed

I wish to support tencent qq. #2489

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 24, 2012 · 15 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by vgjh2005 on 2012-06-24 07:03
qq is a famous software in China.thousand of people is using it.But It's gui is very special.NVDA can not get any information about the application.If NVDA can support it,and I think NVDA will become more successful in China.Thanks.You can download it here:http://dl_dir.qq.com/qqfile/qq/QQ2012/QQ2012Beta2.exe

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2012-06-24 09:30
Your link trries to download the file but it times out and gives up. Are you sure the link is current?
Also, as a general rule, if a piece of software does not work, we advise the users to lobby the makers as its a big probability that no access information is being made available to the system by that software, making it hard to support, even impossible in some cases. What exactly is QQ and is there an english version?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Palacee_hun (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-06-26 10:21
Tencent QQ is a cross-platform instant messaging client very popular in mainland China. It has other features like games and blogs. It has an international version which includes English language interface too. More info on this page: [to [comment:1 briang1](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent_QQ]
[[BR]]
Replying):

What exactly is QQ and is there an english version?

[[BR]]
Link given by the reporter works, but the server becomes sluggish from time to time. Turn off HTTP scanning temporarily in your antivirus to speed things up a bit, and preferably use a download manager for this download.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by vgjh2005 (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-06-28 00:48
Replying to briang1:

Your link trries to download the file but it times out and gives up. Are you sure the link is current?

I am sorry.this site don't allow to download outside the site.The download link is here:http://im.qq.com/qq/2012/,and please click the link "立即下载".This software is very important in China.I am a chinese Student.I realize whatever company or person can not leave it for communication.There are a lot of software's GUI as same as it in China,and there are not law to restrict the development of software.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2012-06-28 07:32
Having read the wikipedia article it does seem to me that the company has not exactly played fairly and some might suspect that the program contains code not welcome on their computers. I still think that your best bet is to get a group of people to contact the program authors and get the access sorted there, as nvda and other screenreaders rely on the programmers supporting accessability in the first place in order to work.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by briang1 on 2012-06-28 09:18
And the links on that page, all being presumably in Chinese are a bit hard to unravel, but every link that went to a download actually fails to download the target file. They launch the downloader but give no other activity, so unless we can see an english copy to download it, its going to be up to you folks I think.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by Palacee_hun on 2012-06-28 12:15
You can download the latest Windows version (1.3 build 1171, said to run on WinXP too) of QQ International that includes English user interface from this direct link. This link points to a softpedia.com server which is considered a trustworthy source. I obtained this very direct link by going through the multiple steps of downloading QQ International starting from its official webpage. I hope the link will be valid later on as well. The link downloads the file really fast.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by forcric on 2012-06-28 13:51
He could send you the url and you could download it with that. Of course, he could also dropbox it for you and you could get it from there.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by vgjh2005 (in reply to comment 6) on 2012-06-29 03:59
Replying to Palacee_hun:

You can download the latest Windows version (1.3 build 1171, said to run on WinXP too) of QQ International that includes English user interface from this direct link. This link points to a softpedia.com server which is considered a trustworthy source. I obtained this very direct link by going through the multiple steps of downloading QQ International starting from its official webpage. I hope the link will be valid later on as well. The link downloads the file really fast.

Thanks a lot..

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by Palacee_hun on 2012-06-29 09:57
As I had suspected, the link given in comment 6 was not a permanent one, and it has expired. However it is still pretty easy to download QQ International using that link. If you click on the link, you'll be redirected to the correct download page, and NVDA may say so (it does for me). Then you must look for a link named "Secure Download [and click that. You may also choose "Secure Download US" link if you live in e.g. North America. After clicking one of those, the download should start automatically, and the regular download dialog should come up. If it doesn't in say 10 seconds (which is the case for me), then search for the text "click here" on the appearing webpage. That'll take you to a direct download link, that will definitely work. That's what I had copied to comment 6, but it's unfortunately not a permanent one, but
on a sort of browser session basis, so that's why it has expired.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by vgjh2005 on 2012-07-01 02:36
qq international download page from Microsoft SkyDrive:link:qq

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by qingtian on 2012-07-01 15:13
to download the qq international version:
http://download.imqq.com/download.shtml
the latest version is 1.3.
the qq is used the specail tech.It is not support the MSAA,so nvda
can't get the messages from qq.
Last month, I visited the tencent company, and Feedbacked the QQ does not support support screenreaders.
The latest got the news that they had already begun increase MSAA interface.
I think that it need some times.in the future,the qq will be to support the MSAA interface,and nvda will be use the qq.

p.s.
I am a chinese.
I always pay attention to the accessibility.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by jteh on 2012-07-09 05:39
Marking as needsExternalFix based on comment:11.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@vgjh2005, @qingtian, @Palacee_hun, is this issue still reproducible in the last qq version? Could someone please post a link to the last version?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@larry801 do you have any information about the application for which @vgjh2005 requests support with NVDA? I don't really know this application actually.

@cary-rowen
Copy link
Contributor

cary-rowen commented Jul 11, 2021

Tencent QQ can now be used with NVDA, but the performance of NVDA will be reduced on some list or menu objects in Tencent QQ, but I think this is another issue, so NVAccess can already close this issue.
@Adriani90 @seanbudd

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants