Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Proxy support for the update feature #2504

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 2, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

Proxy support for the update feature #2504

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 2, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by menschomat on 2012-07-02 08:30
That's not an important problem, but when I try to update NVDA at work, it didn't run. I suppose the reason for the problem is the proxy.
I read the manual but didn't find something where I could add the proxy data. So if NVDA didn't have this feature, yet, I suggest to add it in one of the next versions. Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-07-09 08:01
Is the proxy configured in the system Internet Settings? If so, NVDA is supposed to already use this. Is there an explicit proxy server or does it use auto configuration? It'd be great if you could provide info about the settings.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by menschomat on 2012-07-09 08:20
That's not an easy question, because I am not an expert of this. However, when I start the browser it requieres my username and password. And there is an address shown like 137.78.5.112 that didn't look like a usual internet IP, but a local address.
When I use my private Thunderbird, it also requests for the username and password. The installed MS Outlook didn't ask for it. I suppose it takes the mails from an exchange server in the local intranet, so it don't need the proxy.
In the past I tried some other portable software, and only the programs that comes up with the entry for user and pass are able to connect to the Internet.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh The original author of this ticket, although now out-of-reach, did follow-up in #2504 (comment) to your initial questions. Could you please triage this ticket depending on whether or not we have sufficient information to diagnose the reported issue?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 10, 2017

There isn't sufficient info here. While we do know that the proxy requires a username and password, we don't know how it is configured on the system; i.e. whether it is auto configuration, manually entered data in the system settings, configured separately in each application, etc. Closing.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants