Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Yahoo Messenger support #251

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 5 comments
Closed

Yahoo Messenger support #251

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Vortex on 2008-12-05 14:22
I'm not sure, but it may be possible to add support for Yahoo messenger in NVDA. It works to a degree already, when one reaches a conversation window all messages are read.
The object wich contains the conversation text could be found by using object navigation.
NVDA says "property page" when reaching the object wich contains the text, but when trying to read the text by line or by word nvda reads the entire object every time.
Steps to reproduce:

The info I retrieved with ins+f1 about the object containing the conversation text is:
Control ID: 2819229
Class: IMClass
internal text: .
I know that the internal text field is empty, but the text is actually here, at least NVDA reads it.
I know there is Yahoo messenger 9, but I haven't used it, and I don't know if there are any differences.
I know about Miranda, but based on what I've written above I think that there is a chance to implement yahoo messenger support for NVDA, as I see it we have to find out how to get the coordinates of the cursor while reading the text conversation. After that maybe some keyboard shortcuts for reading messages would be an interesting addition, but we'll see then.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by vtsaran on 2009-10-23 05:11
Hi,
Please try the latest Yahoo! Messenger 10 Beta. The window types and names are still not announced, but you can now tab to the "conversation" window and read messages line by line.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by nvdakor on 2015-01-16 00:03
Hi,
Is this still the case with latest version? Reports say it works well now while others asy it doesn't.
Thanks.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

cc @josephsl.

As you wrote the last comment in this, you might have an idea whether this issue is solved in Yahoo Messenger?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 12, 2017

Acording to Wikipedia, the Yahoo Messenger desktop client is no longer being developed and the clients no longer working by August 31, 2016.
CC @josephsl @LeonarddeR

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 12, 2017

It looks like there is some new Yahoo Messenger app now which is still supported. However, we don't have any details at all concerning the accessibility of this new client, so I think that should be addressed separately. Closing.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants