Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Lost feedback when the context menu is opened #2542

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 18, 2012 · 10 comments
Closed

Lost feedback when the context menu is opened #2542

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 18, 2012 · 10 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Twinsen on 2012-07-18 18:22
Good day! My computer work without reboot about 3 days.When I end my work I press power button and he stay some think like sleep mode.For start working I press any button on my keyboard.When I work some times I open pop-up context menu, in this moment I lost feedback with NVDA, I can't navigate between items of this menu using (UP) and (DOWN) arrows on my keyboard.Please see my log file in end of this file I press (APPLICATIONS)buttonof my keyboard to open context pop-up menu.After this I try using (UP) ,(DOWN)arrows to navigate on this menu but nothing to bee happened.You may see also moment when I press (CAPS LOCK) + (N)to open NVDA pop-up menu.When this issuesis appear I can,t switch between opened windows using (ALT) + (TAB)the NVDA talk about switching between windows but nothing to be happened.Also I can't switch between windows using (CTRL) + (ALT) + (TAB)in this dialog I can navigateon items using (LEFT) and (RIGHT) arrows but can't switch using (ENTER) button of my keyboard.To exit from this situation need used flat rebiew (NVDA) + (NUMPAD) to actibate any menu item from this pop-up menu.After this the NVDA work correct.
I habe some qwestions not related with this issues:
1)I create some tickets.How I can understand so my ticket is started or planed to resolve? Do I need change ticket status to starting resolve this issues?
2)How I can use controls placed on web page into the franes?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Twinsen on 2012-07-18 21:18
Sorry my log more than 256 Kb. please try this link http://depositfiles.com/files/pute6v47i

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2012-07-19 08:27
Hi, If I read this right this occurs after hibernate or standby of a computer. I've seen this happen occasionally, and normally I now do a reboot of nvda when the computer comes back up, which in my case at least seems to put things back as they should be.
With regard to the log file being too big. the trick here is to edit it in notepad so only the needed parts are posted. make sure the log in in debug mode though as often info is not that helpful.
With regard to your questions about the tickets. The person who accepts the task alters the status. Often just because nobody has accepted it does not mean nothing is going on though.

I suspect there is a ticket on a related subject to the issue you mention, so it could be closed as a duplicate if that is the case.
Normally I must say that I've never liked the hibernate or standby modes of windows, as other software can run into trouble. particularly those which get started at system start.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Twinsen on 2012-07-22 02:47
GOOD DAY! NOW NVDA HOT KEYS DO NOT WORK IN INTERNET EXPLORER 9(ALL HOT KEYS) IN WINDOWS EXPLORER DO NOT WORK:CTRL +1,NVDA + F12,NVDA + NUMPAD.TRY THIS LINK TO DOWNLOAD MY LOG FILE http://depositfiles.com/files/gvoxxias9 (30-DAYS WILL BE SAVE ON SERVER) TELL ME PLEASE: 1) HOW SWITCH OFF CAPS LOCK?I USE CAPS LOCK BUTTON LIKE NVDA MODIFITY.2)HOW I CAN USE CONTROLS (BUTTONS,TABS,FORM FIELDS) PLACED ON WEB PAGE INTO THE FRAME?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Twinsen on 2012-07-22 02:59
WHEN MY NVDA READ MY PREVIUS POST HE DOEN SPEECH RATE.I CHEK ADJUSTING(NVDA + CTRL + RIGHT ARROW)MY SPEED RATE IS 30 BUT REAL SYNTH SPEED RATE IS VERY LOW.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by Twinsen on 2012-07-22 03:26
My synth is a E-SPEAK and I create the ticket about this bag 1 or 2 month ago,my be this example will help you to understanding this problem. I self understend how switch off capslock ))) but i can't open log viewer becose the POP-UP bug is present. He do not removed after restart the NVDA.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by briang1 on 2012-07-22 07:12
I could not get any download from the address you gave, just a screen that wants me to subscribe.
Abnyway, I have not seen anyone else having the problems you seem to have, so it could well be either something specific to your system, which could include other software or whatever, or a corrupted installation. Its hard to say, as I don't use the locale' of Windows you are using presumably, its not English.

If anyone else can help with these keyboard issues, please add to this ticket!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Twinsen on 2012-07-25 01:41
Good day! What about my question about controls placed in frame?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

bhavyashah commented Aug 9, 2017

@Brian1Gaff According to your #2542 (comment), you did experience this or related issues at the time. Is this still the case? If not, I suggest closing this ticket due to the insufficient information provided as well as the lack of any means to get in touch with the original reporter of this issue. @ehollig

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@twinsen are you still having this pbroblem in NVDA 2019.1.1? Could you please run the com registration fixing tool in nvda menu / tools? Does this solve your issue?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Nov 13, 2019

We have not heard from the author of this issue since the creation of the ticket. Due to the insufficient information provided as well as the inability to get in touch with the original reporter of this issue, I am going to close this issue. Closing

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants