Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Auto Language Switching in Microsoft Speech Platform #2561

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 25, 2012 · 4 comments
Open

Auto Language Switching in Microsoft Speech Platform #2561

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 25, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2012-07-25 12:55
Corrently, this voices has a good quality, so that they are been used for several users, as this is a good free solution with respect to natural voices.
As they has voices in several languages, I think it's a important request.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-07-26 00:06
It's definitely possible to implement this. However, having tested it, there is a huge pause between chunks of text when switching languages, almost a second. If this isn't acceptable, there isn't any point implementing it, as we can't shorten this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ateu (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-07-26 01:41
Replying to jteh:

It's definitely possible to implement this. However, having tested it, there is a huge pause between chunks of text when switching languages, almost a second. If this isn't acceptable, there isn't any point implementing it, as we can't shorten this.

I can't see a problem here.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by ragb on 2012-07-26 13:32
The only solution I can think of is having various open handles, one for each voice. Then, at runtime, cycle among handles when voice changes. I did this for Vocalizer, but vocalizer itself manages most of the resource aquizition and disposal (anyway it occupies memory). In SAPI I believe the overload would be orders of magnitude greater due to COM and such. Moreover, in the speech platform (and SAPI) voices are way different for one another, the speed for one voice maybe very different for another, etc. This must be taken in consideration.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Since a more universal auto language switching functionality is in the works elsewhere (by Dinesh Kaushal and others), could we close this ticket as a duplicate of that other? @ehollig

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants