Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA's desktop icon changes to default after update #2572

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 30, 2012 · 8 comments
Closed

NVDA's desktop icon changes to default after update #2572

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 30, 2012 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by pitermach on 2012-07-30 19:26
STR:

1. Change the shortcut key of the desktop icon.
  2. Run an NVDA update
    Expected: the shortcut key to stay the same
    Actual: it gets reset back to CTRL+alt+N. This suggests that the installer copies it again even though it's already there. Not sure what happens when the user chooses not to create it the first time NVDA is installed and then an update. is ran. Someone may need to check that as well.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Brendon22 on 2012-07-30 22:15
Yes, it does happen! I'm using a Win 7 64/Bit Laptop.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh (in reply to comment description) on 2012-07-31 00:09
Replying to pitermach:

Actual: it gets reset back to CTRL+alt+N. This suggests that the installer copies it again even though it's already there.

Correct. We didn't take the possibility of a changed shortcut key into account.

Not sure what happens when the user chooses not to create it the first time NVDA is installed and then an update. is ran. Someone may need to check that as well.

This is handled correctly.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-07-31 00:10
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2012.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2012-07-31 08:18
I think this happens because its then reading the configuration file on the existing copy and it just creates the new shortcut. Myself, I tend to copy and alter a shortcut if I'm wanting that, but of course what will happen then if another piece of software is using n and the update recreates it for nvda I have not tried.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2012-08-03 03:28
Mick, do you want to take this?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by mdcurran on 2012-08-05 01:42
Fixed in 1ecf4d0.
Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Brendon22 on 2012-08-08 02:13
Hi, I'm reopening this ticket. Because after doing an update of NVDA the NVDA shortcut found under All Programs, NVDA, removes the shortcut key that you use. So if I remove the shortcut from the desktop and I just want to use the shortcut in All Programs, NVDA., I have to still put the Shortcut Key in. Also if you set it to Run as Maximized. It will also return to the default as Normal window. This is true for the Shortcut in All Programs, NVDA, and the desktop Icon.
Changes:
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jteh on 2012-08-08 05:16
The issue described in this ticket is fixed. Nevertheless, the only reason we support customisation of the desktop shortcut is for users that want to change the default shortcut key. Any other customisation of shortcuts is unsupported (as it is for many other applications). If you want to customise your shortcut in other ways, create a shortcut outside of the NVDA folder.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant