Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Shift-tabbing to an HTML input of type file, nothing is read. IE Only #2598

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 14, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. app/internet-explorer bug p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sshinney on 2012-08-14 18:56
When using NVDA to tab (or use the 7-8-9 keys) through an HTML page if I come to an input element of type file everything works fine if I'm moving forward through the document. However, if I'm using shift-tab to move backward, it does not read normally. When the button is highlighted, it just says "Button", The text field part is treated like a regular text field.

I have seen this in IE only, Chrome seems to read just fine. I've also tried giving the element an ARIA-Label. Like everything else it works fine with tab but is not read by shift-tab. The label element associated with this input element is also not read.

Here is the HTML to build the element having the problem.

<label for="file">File Location</label>
<input type="file" name="file" size="80" maxlength="100" class="browse_btn">
@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I can somehow reproduce this in IE11, at least it looks quite strange in browse mode. I ged File location: on one line, and an unlabelled button below.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 18, 2017

P3 to investigate.

@jcsteh jcsteh added the p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Jul 18, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@jcsteh do you have any suggestions regarding this issue?

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label Apr 5, 2023
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

IE support has ended completely in 2022 and the browser is being removed automatically from machines that still have it after an Edge update in February 2023. I am closing this issue as abandoned, since I don't expect any further accessibility updates to IE or to IE mode in Edge. If you are having this issue in other browsers, please open a new issue with updated steps to reproduce and a minimal test case.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 closed this as not planned Won't fix, can't repro, duplicate, stale Apr 5, 2023
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. app/internet-explorer bug p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants