Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA and mytalk.jawbone.com/ #2605

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 18, 2012 · 12 comments
Closed

NVDA and mytalk.jawbone.com/ #2605

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 18, 2012 · 12 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Brendon22 on 2012-08-18 07:30
Hello,

I just brought a brand new Boom Box. And you need to control it by a website. And when trying to use NVDA with mytalk.jawbone.com/ To sine up for a new account to use my new Boom Box. I am unable to use NVDA at all. NVDA will just not talk anything at all. No errars are given just NVDA isn't talking.
I am going to ring the companys support line on Tuesday so I will report back then. :)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2012-08-18 08:26
You don't specifically say here, but are you saying that the software supplied has a built in browser? If so, I've yet to find any of these that have accessible routines built in. Certainly the website itself looks ok in a normal browser. are you sure you will need to access through their software. Obviously they allow this, but quite often it can be done in other more user friendly ways. Not being familiar with the product its hard to advise.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Brendon22 on 2012-08-18 09:22
Hello,
I'm very sorry, let me try and make it more clear to you so you can understand me better!
The device is controled by the website I gave to you.
You need to setup an account and download all updates from this site for the Boom Box.
But know the device hasn't got this built in. You plug it into the USB port.
And I'm unable to read the site at all, NVDA says ither blank or says nuffing at all. And when trying to setup an account by the sine -up link, NVDA just will report nuffing.
Using IE Version 9.0.8112.16421.
Thanks and I hope that's a little bit clearer for you. :)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2012-08-18 18:22
Hi again, maybe it is country specific or something as signup looks like this on my IE8 on XP with fields that are in focus mode as one might expect. the extra bits at the start is because I did a refresh and it thought I'd cocked it up!
• Please enter your first name
• Please enter your last name
• Please enter a valid email address
• Please confirm your email address
• Passwords must be at least 5 characters long
• Please confirm your password
Fill in your info
First Name
Last Name
Email
Confirm Email
Password
Confirm Password
Updates: Let me know when new updates or new products are available.
By clicking "Create account" you agree to terms of service.
Create Account

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Brendon22 on 2012-08-18 23:46
Hmm, Using IE 9 On Windows 7 Just corses IE 9 to not read any information before doing a refresh at all, then I'm able to move to the account page wair all of those edit fields are. But I'm unable to do anything with them. And most of the time a refresh doesn't even work and NVDA just says desktop Window. Hmmm

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by briang1 on 2012-08-19 17:10
You do not see the edit areas and nvda does not enter focus mode then?
I just opened an account and it all worked perfectly in IE8, It then sent me an email and you respond to this and there is a place to confirm your email a way down the page and you click that and then log in and if you select the link to update it presents you with a download link but, of course as it detects I do not have a product plugged in, it won't let me download the updater software.
I also gave it a quick test with Firefox 15 and this seems to work too, so try that.
How have you got the settins for focus mode set exactly, maybe you are coming out of the dit fields without knowing it for some reason.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by Brendon22 on 2012-08-24 11:56
Hello,
I was able to contact the makers of my Boom Box. And they said that no blind user can use there site at the moment. Because it has flash and images on it. And I also tryed getting a sited person to try on the website. But they couldn't get it to work also. IE9 will just crash. Closing as worksform.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by briang1 on 2012-08-25 06:57
Well I dispute the site owners, as I was able to open an account with just a little bit of careful cursor placeing and entering. I could not duplicate the problems being described. The only thing I can think is that the page is different for the reporter in their locale' for some reason. Other than that maybe IE 9 behaves differently to 8 and Firefox. One for the unexplained pile.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by Brendon22 on 2012-08-25 08:06
Hello Briang1,

I can't speak for Firefox because I don't use it. But it works in Google Crome. And I also got a sited person to test for me on IE 9. But it crashed in IE 9 for them also. With know screen reader running. Very strange!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by Brendon22 on 2013-03-31 00:45
This is a website problem. Not with NvDA.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by Brendon22 on 2013-06-07 13:30
Hello, After working with the company. I have been able to get this website working with NVDA and other screen readers. So this site can now be used with NVDA. Injoy :)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by Brendon22 on 2013-06-07 13:31
Changes:
Removed labels: worksforme
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by Brendon22 on 2013-06-07 13:32
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant